Hello. For all my US readers, I have great news for you. In case you are going to attend OWASP Global AppSec DC September 12-13 in Washington, DC, it is possible to get a discount.
Sean Poris, senior cybersecurity directory at Verizon Media, can arrange you a special deal. Contact him directly and he will be happy to help.
What is OWASP?
OWASP is an international non-profit organization that stands for open security guidelines and standardization. They are best known for OWASP Top 10, listing by category most prominent security breaches/misconfigurations.
The OWASP organization is divided by local chapters in each part of the world. For example, in Israel, where I live, we have a local chapter. I had a chance to attend several OWASP events and was a speaker for one of the topics. The OWASP community is great and very friendly.
What Happens at a Global AppSec Conference?
- Technical talks by experts in security, DevOps, and cloud
- Panels to debate tough topics
- Training sessions for hands-on learning in top security areas
- Keynotes from industry leaders
- Vendor booths to promote the latest advances in security technology
- A variety of other activities such as recruiting fair, capture the flag, security tool training, and more
About the author
In my daily life, I am the founder of a GDPR privacy automation service available at https://privacybunker.io/. I maintain the following open-source privacy project https://databunker.org/.
Among my credits, I was a founder of a database security company GreenSQL/Hexatier which was acquired by Huawei.
Specialties: Software and cloud architecture, Compliance (GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, SOX), blockchain technologies, software development, secure architectures, project management, and low-level research.